Found in: Quick & Easy Toddler Recipes by Annabel Karmel
If you have kids you have probably fought the “Chicken Nugget Battle” at some point in your life. You know….where they won’t eat ANYTHING but chicken nuggets and you feel guilty buying them but at least they’re eating protein right? I’m there right now with my toddler and found the greatest recipe for quick, easy & healthy nuggets! The best part? My daughter LOVES them.
They are super quick to whip up (5 minutes….seriously!) and they pull double duty by being the perfect addition of protein to a busy mom’s salad or sandwich. Turn it into a fun activity by letting your kids smash up the cereal. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 min (5 even with a toddler underfoot!)
Bake Time: 10-15 min (depending on the thickness of the chicken)
Total Time: 20 min
Makes: 20- 25 nuggets
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 TBSP Red Pesto
- 2 cups Cornflakes
- 1/8 cup Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
Optional: If you’re feeling particularly health conscious, purchase organic, cage-free chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Slice the chicken breasts into small cubes. You should get 10-12 pieces from each breast.
- Put the chicken into a bowl, season & mix in the pesto.
- Put the cornflakes into a plastic food bag and bash them with a rolling pin to make fine crumbs.
- Add the cheese and half the chicken to the bag. Shake the bag to coat the nuggets then transfer them to a plate.
- Add the remaining chicken to the bag of crumbs and repeat.
- Lay the nuggets on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked through